Mental Health First Aid course - 2 & 3 March 2024
Details of this course:
Delivery Style - Face to face
Venue - Deer Park, Cowley, Cheltenham, GL53 9NJ.
Date - Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 March 2024 (you must attend both days)
Time - 9.00am to 5.00pm
The cost of this course is a valid unit expense.
The details you give below should be for the learner taking part in the training. If you are booking for more than one person, please add them to your cart as separate items.
IMPORTANT: Please read the detailed information about this course, available on the mental health first aid page of our website, before booking. This course is valued at £325 and is being primarily funded by the county. Therefore your sign up must be a definite commitment to attend. Failure to attend on the day will result in you being invoiced a further £50 to cover the cost of the resources.
Spaces on this training are very limited. We therefore only permit one person per unit to attend. If you have another person interested in attending, please let us know. If there are spare spaces then we will offer them to you. Email email@example.com.
This training is subject to our training terms & conditions. Please read these carefully before placing your order.
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Please note: This course is available to Girlguiding Gloucestershire members only unless specifically advertised as otherwise. Membership numbers will be checked and any out-of-county sign ups will have their space cancelled. There will be a £5 admin charge for this process, refunding £20 of your fee paid.